Research Associates - Several Positions are Available
Location: Alachua (Gainesville), FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Career Level: Early-stage entry positions
Oragenics is searching for several Research Associates to work in our Research & Drug Development Laboratory located at the Progress Corporate Park in Alachua, FL. The candidates will be expected to work with the Synthetic Organic/Medicinal Chemistry Team in the areas of sample analysis, purification process development, and laboratory formulation efforts to support a peptide/organic chemistry-based drug development program.
Daily activities and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, conducting literature reviews, developing methods/tests, performing, recording and conveying data from daily experiments, with minimal supervision, and general lab. maintenance.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, adaptability, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational, lab book, computer and reporting skills.
- Creative and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Basic education in Synthetic and/or Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or equivalent education.
- Broad ‘hands-on” experience in basic (pH, UV-Vis, etc…) and intermediate (HPLC/MS) analytical chemistry. Oragenics will consider training the right candidate that is eager to learn new skillsets.
- Some experience in peptide and/or protein laboratory experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry or academic laboratory is a plus.
- Ability to interface with a research team and independently conduct experiments, analyze and interpret experimental data using basic level statistical analysis techniques.
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience with peptides and proteins including separations/purification (chromatography, TFF/NFF, etc), buffers, and characterization (e.g. LC/MS). Experience with fermenters and/or bioreactors is a plus.
Oragenics, Inc. is focused on the creation of the Terra CoV-2 vaccine candidate to combat the novel coronavirus pandemic and the further development of effective treatments for novel antibiotics against infectious diseases. The Company is dedicated to the development and commercialization of a vaccine candidate providing specific immunity from novel coronavirus. The Terra CoV-2 immunization leverages coronavirus spike protein research conducted by the National Institutes of Health. In addition, Oragenics is also focused on the development of novel lantibiotics and was recently awarded a grant from the NIH to develop its innovative platform.
The laboratories are located in proximity to Gainesville, and within two hours from Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville and Tallahassee. Our corporate offices are located in Tampa, FL. As an Oragenics employee, you will become part of a company that offers excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options. Oragenics is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. For more information about Oragenics, visit www.oragenics.com.
Please send CV and letter of intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org